Explore the CDI
CDI Signature Collections
CDI Forms & Documents
CDI: Mission, Vision & Purpose
MissionThe Center for Digital Initiatives facilitates learning & transforms scholarship by providing the technological infrastructure for disseminating teaching & research materials to students, faculty, & scholars. The Center for Digital Initiatives ensures that selected collections are safely preserved for posterity.
The Center for Digital Initiatives serves the intellectual needs of our academic community by using digital technologies to increase access to, enhance delivery of & preserve resources in digital format.
The Center for Digital Initiatives provides a set of services to support teaching & learning requiring digital technologies at The Claremont Colleges by exploring digital options, creating digital collections & workspaces. Through organizational commitment & managed by the Center for Digital Initiatives, the repository services Claremont Colleges Digital Library & Scholarship@Claremont, collect, preserve, & share the intellectual output of the faculty, staff & students of the Claremont Colleges.
The following is an abbreviated list of the functions & purposes of the Center for Digital Initiatives:
- Support learning, teaching, & research
- Increase visibility & impact of The Claremont Colleges scholarly output
- Facilitate discovery of content
- Strengthen partnership between content creators/providers & content managers
- Provide visibility through electronic access to collective intellectual work
- Provide access to outcomes of publicly funded research initiatives
- Enable re-use & re-purposing of content
- Facilitate digital asset management
- Organize information to allow effective content management & access
- Offer digital curation & preservation services