Explore the CDI
CDI Signature Collections
CDI Forms & Documents
Join the Center for Digital Initiatives as a student worker.
Position: Project assistant, digital projects
Part-time position summary:
Digitize collections for the Claremont Colleges Digital Library by scanning original source material into digital format & applying metadata following the CCDL Best Practices Guidelines. In addition assistants may also work with The Claremont Colleges Institutional Repository, Scholarship@Claremont.
- Scan original source material, using a variety of equipment, into digital format following the Claremont Colleges Digital Library Scanning Best Practices.
- Apply metadata for resource discovery, rights management, & digital administration following the Claremont Colleges Digital Library Metadata Best Practices.
- Use a variety of controlled vocabulary sources to improve resource discovery.
- Upload digital objects & metadata to the Claremont Colleges Digital Library server using the Claremont Colleges Digital Library digital asset management system - CONTENTdm.
- Manipulate & archive image files as necessary.
- Experience & strong comfort level with computer technologies.
- High level of organizational skill & attention to details with an ability to work with little supervision.
- Familiarity with both scanning & image manipulation software such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience with digitization equipment.
For more information about student employment with the Claremont Colleges Library or to download the student employment application, please visit the library’s student employment page.