Student Employment at the Claremont Colleges Library
Students at any of The Claremont Colleges may be employed at the Claremont Colleges Library as Library Services Assistants. The work of the Library Services Assistants (LSAs) is highly valued. It is essential for the provision of library services and the fulfillment of the Library's mission. The Library and the LSAs benefit one another and help to integrate the Library into the broader Claremont Colleges community. For many students, working at the Library is a vital aspect of their campus life.
Students working as LSAs perform a wide variety of library assignments that provide user services as well as clerical and technical support services. Student assignments vary in level of responsibility, degree of complexity and difficulty, variety, and supervision. Some positions require evening and weekend hours.
Typical tasks that Library Services Assistants might perform include the following:
- Greet and assist students, faculty, staff and visitors at a service desk
- Answer directional and informational questions
- Check out books and other library materials to library patrons
- Use office software such as word-processing and spreadsheets
- File documents
- Shelve books and other types of library materials
- Work with special collections materials
- Conduct online searches on Blais and other library databases
- Perform routine or basic book repair and preservation procedures
- Retrieve library materials
- Assist with inventory projects and other collections related projects
- Scan materials to create digital images
- Assist with mounting exhibits
- Assist with opening and closing of a library building and with securing a library building
To apply for work at Honnold/Mudd Library, click on the link below to download a PDF of the application form. Fill out the form, save a copy of the form with your information and email it as an attachment to email@example.com with the subject line: LSA Application.