Common Statistics & Datasets
Finding Statistical Resources
- Connect to Finding Statistical Information
- Maintained by the Library’s Government Publications Librarian. An excellent starting point for locating statistical information produced by various governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- 1991- Present
- Connect to Fedstats
- Provides a gateway to finding statistics produced by more than 70 federal government agencies and bureaus.
- 1991- Present
- Connect to LexisNexis Statistical
- Provides comprehensive access to U.S. statistical information.
- Some full-text, some citations
- Gives option to search back to pre-1973
- Updated frequently
- Great comprehensive resource for U.S. statistics.
- Connect to UNdata
- Internet Explorer must be used to access this database.
- Provides selected series from 30 specialized international data sources for all available countries and areas.
- Updated variously. Also provides economic news and data.
- Single data series available for up to 10 countries and up to 20 years. Select multiple series, countries and years (some back to 1966) for retrieval in Excel 97, ASCII (CSV) formats, or printer friendly format.
ICPSR Data Archive
- Connect to ICPSR Data Archive
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), from the University of Michigan, maintains and provides access to a vast archive of social science data for research and instruction.
- Provides aggregated statistics as well as data files for use with statistical software, such as SAS or SPSS.
- Most popular files are: American National Election Studies Cumulative File, 1948-2000; General Social Surveys, 1972-2002; World Values Surveys & European Values Surveys; Common Core of Data (CCD) Series.
- Good for public opinion polls, crime data, health data, drug use and attitude data, and other social indicators.
- Searchable by keyword, title, study number, and investigator.
6/13/2012 5:00:46 PM