- Provides detailed life history information for the 716 species of birds nesting in the USA and Canada.
- The print version of BNA (18 volumes in 18,000 pages) was completed in 2002, a joint 10 year project of the American Ornithologists' Union, the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, and the Academy of Natural Sciences.
- Online contents will be updated frequently, with contributions from researchers, citizen scientists, and designated reviewers and editors.
- Will build image and video galleries showing behaviors, habitat, nests, eggs and nestlings, and more.
- Each online species account will contain recordings of that bird's songs and calls, selected from the extensive collection in Cornell's Macaulay Library of Natural Sounds.
Need assistance? Contact the Web Administrator.