Black Studies Center
- Includes the Schomburg Studies on the Black Experience, a collection of scholarly essays, timelines, images and more covering interdisciplinary topics on the Black experience.
- Contains the full text of The Chicago Defender, an influential black U.S. newspaper, from 1910 to 1975.
- Provides access to citations and abstracts (1902-current) from the International Index to Black Periodicals, which includes scholarly journals and other periodicals from the U.S., Africa, and the Caribbean.
- Full text coverage of core periodicals in Black Studies, 1984-current.
- Includes the electronic index to the Black Literature Index microfiche collection, allowing users to search for citations to works of fiction, poetry, and literary reviews published in over 100 black periodicals and newspapers between 1827 and 1940.
Need assistance? Contact the Web Administrator.