African American Experience
- Draws on 450 primary source titles to allow African Americans to speak for themselves regarding the black experience from its African origins to the present day.
- A deep backlist of reference books and monographs, dating back to the mid 1800s
- Over 5,000 primary documents: manuscripts, speeches, court cases, quotations, advertisements, statistics, and other papers.
- Over 3,500 interviews with former slaves — the WPA slave narratives — from the acclaimed The American Slave: A Composite Autobiography, now re-indexed and for the first time fully searchable.
- 67 Negro University Press texts from the early 1800s to the early 1970s — classics in black scholarship.
Need assistance? Contact the Web Administrator.