The Zamorano Club Keepsake Collection at Honnold Library is a combination of gifts from several members of the club forming a definitive collection. Arranged in chronological sequence by date of presentation, it is partly keyed to the listings in The Zamorano Club: the first half century, 1928–1978, by George E. Fullerton, Cary S. Bliss, Tyrus G. Harmsen, and Edwin H. Carpenter.

The Club, named for the first printer of Alta California, was formally organized on January 25, 1928, and is a group of Los Angeles book collectors, printers, and librarians. Publications, keepsakes, and memorabilia have been issued from the beginning, generally for members only.

For more information:

Back