Reference & Instruction Services
The Claremont Colleges Library offers many opportunities for students, faculty, and staff to learn to use the wide range of library resources, traditional and electronic, available both within the Library and in dorms, offices, and computer centers through the campus network. Our reference and instruction services build on each other to instill an appreciation and provide the skills necessary for life-long learning.
Faculty may schedule an instruction session for classes or groups to focus on specific research interests.
I prefer to get assistance from a librarian.
- Ask Us via instant messaging, email, or phone. Note: Both instant messaging and email reference assistance are services reserved for current students, faculty, and staff of The Claremont Colleges.
- Make an Appointment for in-depth research assistance by contacting the Subject Specialist for the subject area in which you're doing research. Email addresses and campus telephone numbers are provided.
- Stop by the Services Desk during reference hours at the Library. During these hours a librarian will be available to assist you in person or on the telephone.
- Workshops can help you become more comfortable with library research, whether you're doing research on the web or in the library. These sessions are open to all individuals in The Claremont Colleges community.
I prefer to get assistance right now on the web.
- Ask Us via instant messaging. Instant messaging is available during all reference hours.
- Databases, listed by title and subject, identify the most important databases in a wide range of subject areas.
- Subject Research Guides identify some of the most important traditional and electronic resources available from the Library and provide an excellent starting point for student research.